Companies are getting more creative than ever when it comes to grabbing the attention of potential customers. Out of home (OOH) advertising is one of the oldest, most reliable forms of advertising, but now thanks to technology, companies are looking to spread their brand with new forms of OOH–digital OOHs, including digital mobile billboards.
There are several big brands using DOOHs, including digital mobile billboards, such as Spotify, Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Google, Coca-Cola, Verizon, Disney, and Netflix. And big brands are projected to spend billions in the digital OOH space in the coming years.
These brands are already well known, so why would they begin to incorporate this form of OOH advertising? We’ll look into the main reasons why even big brand giants are utilizing this type of promotion and how you can begin incorporate this form of advertising in your marketing strategy.
Big Brands and Guerilla Marketing
There really is no limit to the types of OOH advertising, from big giant darts sticking out of the ground to your traditional wallscapes and billboards. The goal is to get as creative as possible so consumers are talking and sharing your brand. This is also referred to as guerrilla marketing.
Some of the most common types of guerrilla marketing include:
- Traditional street marketing: Where you place advertising right at the eye-level of potential consumers in the form of signs, posters, benches, and kiosks.
- Ambient Marketing: When you place unique items outside or transform every day items into a brand item. One example from McDonald’s is that they transformed a bus stop into a large Happy Meal box.
- Event Marketing: You can show up during an event that’s taking place to promote a product or service.
Now with the evolution of digital OOH, according to Business Insider companies have significantly increased the amount they spend in the digital OOH space (also known as DOOH) since 2015. By 2023, companies are projected to spend $3.84 billion in DOOH.
That’s because DOOH allows companies to be much more cost effective, flexible, and mobile. There are also more opportunities to be more creative with storytelling in order to really grab the attention of consumers.
This is important because the truth is that people respond to outdoor advertising and the more creative you are, the more likely it will influence someone’s motivation to purchase. And thanks to digital OOH, such as digital mobile billboards, companies are delivering a completely new experience in prime locations.
Why Digital Mobile Billboards
As we shared, a revolutionary form of DOOH is the digital mobile billboard. Thanks to the data that’s now available, big brands are better able to know exactly where potential customers will be and how often they visit certain areas. So then they are able to more effectively execute the time and use of digital mobile billboards.
It also allows companies to create a fun, “pop-up” experience for consumers, something similar to another form of OOH called experiential marketing. This is when you can invite people to participate and interact with the brand, creating a more memorable experience.
Usually on digital-led trucks, other benefits of digital mobile billboards include:
- Memorable: The advertisements are shown on large LED screens on the truck, so they demand attention from consumers.
- Engaging: Companies don’t have to stick just to one image. There can be a series of high-quality videos and clips and even live-stream capabilities.
- Flexible: You can literally customize your campaign or simply turn it on or off in a matter of minutes.
So not only are big brands able to have a better presence in more than one prime location, but they are also able to think more creatively in how they tell their brand stories.
How You Can Advertise With Digital Mobile Billboards
Can’t Miss Us has more than 23 years of combined marketing and advertising experience and has provided marketing strategies for big brands such as T-Mobile, Absolut Vodka, Budweiser, and Disney.
Learn more about our digital mobile billboards and how we can help you achieve your marketing goals.